BLIND EXEMPTION (RSA 72:37)
A property owner who is legally blind as determined by the Department of Education, Bureau of Services for Blind and Visually Impaired, shall be exempt each year on the assessed value, for the property tax purposes, of his/her residential real estate to the value of $50,000.
- Applicant can apply in person in the Assessor's office located in the Town Hall at 268B Mammoth Rd., Londonderry, NH 03053.
- Applications must be submitted between January 1st and April 15th of the tax year in which they are applying.
- Applicant must qualify as of April 1st of the tax year in which they are applying.
- A certification letter from the Department of Education, Bureau of Services for Blind and Visually Impaired, must also be submitted with the application.
Certification Letters to be obtained from:
State of New Hampshire
Department of Education
Bureau of Services for Blind & Visually Impaired
21 S. Fruit Street, Suite 20
Concord, NH 03301-8508
Tel: (603) 271-3537
- If the property is owned by a Trust or resident has Life Estate Interest a Statement of Qualification Form, which can be found in the Assessor's office, must be completed at time of submission and a copy of the Trust or Life Estate must accompany the application.