There is one part-time animal control officer who handles all animal incidents and is responsible for enforcing animal control laws within Londonderry. The animal control officer may issue violations to pet owners based upon the conduct of the animals.
RSA 466:1: Unlicensed Dog
- $25.00 fine: All dogs three months old or older must be licensed through the Town Clerk's Officer by April 30th of each year and must have an up to date rabies vaccination.
RSA 466:31: Dogs a Menace, a Nuisance or Vicious
- Nuisance Offenses are fined $25.00 for the first offense, $50.00 for the second offense in the same 12 month period .
- If it barks for sustained periods of time, or during the night so as to disturb the peace and quiet of the neighborhood or area.
- If it digs, scratches or excretes, or causes waste or garbage to be scattered on property other than its owners.
- Menance Offenses are fined $50.00 for the first offense, $100.00 for the second offense in the same 12 month period.
- If it growls, snaps at, runs after or chases any person or persons.
- If it runs after, or chases bicycles, motor vehicles, motorcycles, or other vehicles being driven, pulled or pushed on the streets, highways, or public ways.
- Vicious Offenses are fined $100.00 for the first offense, $200.00 for the second offense in the same 12 month period.
- If whether alone or in a pack with other dogs, it bites, attacks, or preys on game animals, domestic animals, fowl, or human beings.